Updated: 27th July 2016
Even though I joined Snapchat ages ago I never really got into it until recently. And I have to admit I really like it. It’s like doing a daily vlog for Youtube without the time constraints and hassle of editing and uploading. It’s simple and easy and not only a great way to discover new travel destinations but also to get to know the bloggers behind your favourite blogs.
There are a few lists around suggesting who to follow but they’re all much the same. I’m going to share with you my favourite travel bloggers who are using Snapchat in Europe, either those based in Europe or frequent travellers to Europe.
Travel Bloggers on Snapchat
The following travel bloggers (and a couple of food and fashion bloggers) are doing fun things on Snapchat right now. But yes, of course I’d love you to follow me too, username: destinationeu 🙂
Paris in Four Months
@carin-olsson – If you want to see gorgeous Paris and what’s going on in the high-end fashion houses Carin has a fun Snapchat for you to follow. She’s a great photographer and really knows how to show Paris at its best. Her snaps are really cute.
@donalskehan is a cookbook writer/Youtuber from Ireland. He makes some great cooking videos but also vlogs his travels around Europe and elsewhere like Croatia, Budapest and Amsterdam. He’s relocated to LA but he still travels often in Europe.
@expatedna – Edna is a serial expat and/or long-term traveller with one of the most varied and inspiring Snapchat accounts. She travels all over but spends loads of time in Paris and Europe in general but she’s currently in Rio for the Olympics.
@leeabbamonte – If you haven’t been following Lee you just missed him in Albania and Kosovo, the rest of the Balkans and other parts of Europe. He’s always travelling so I’m sure he’ll be back in Europe soon enough.
@davebrettuk – Dave gets around but he’s currently travelling in Ireland. He’s great at showing off the destinations he’s visiting with scenic snaps of the countryside as well as urban life and the local food.
Other travellers to look out for on Snapchat:
- Danik The Explorer: @danikexplorer – UK blogger taking short trips and running around Europe. One of the funnier Snapchatters.
- Nicole Warne: @garypeppergirl – Aussie model travelling the world for her work. Visits some incredible locations.
- Austrian Adaptation: @carlyhulls – An Aussie living in Austria, showing some great behind the scenes snaps of Vienna.
- Eat Like a Girl: @eatlikeagirl – Naimh is an Irish food blogger based in London. Loads of cooking, gardening and travelling snaps.
- Souvenir Finder: @souvenirfinder – Based in New York, travelling every now and then. She’s sweet and funny.
- Borders of Adventure: @bordersofadv – Becki’s always heading off somewhere new. For now she’s based in Vienna.
- I Am Aileen: @iamaileencom – Filipino travel blogger and digital nomad travelling the world.
- Anna Everywhere: @anna-everywhere – A Polish long-term traveller who spends much of her time in Mexico.
- Stuck in Customs: @treyratcliffe – Photographer Trey is based in New Zealand but travels often to Europe.
- Next Stop Who Knows: @nxtstopwhoknows – Irish travel bloggers and digital nomads Carlo and Florence.
- Vagabrothers: @vagabrothers – The Vagabrothers have a great Youtube travel channel and they snap often too.
Don’t forget to add me too @destinationeu. Right now I’m sharing snaps from Australia but I’ll be back in Budapest and travelling in Central Europe and the Balkans soon.
If you have any recommendations for travel bloggers to follow on Snapchat leave their username in the comments.0