Rear View Mirror is an independent travel blog focusing on road trips, coffee guides and food tours in Europe.
Articles provide travel inspiration and itinerary ideas for travellers planning to visit or currently visiting Europe.
As well as inspiring travellers to visit beautiful and intriguing destinations in Europe, I strive to introduce my readers to unexpected and unique travel experiences.
Visitor and Subscriber Statistics
Rear View Mirror has an engaged and targeted travel audience which is growing every month.
- Total monthly page views: 60,000
- Email and RSS subscribers: 1,800
- Twitter followers: 20,000
- Facebook fans: 12,000
- Instagram followers: 4,070
- Pinterest followers: 2,090
- Youtube subscribers: 254
The blog audience is predominately made up of visitors from the United States, United Kingdom and Germany.
- United States: 25%
- United Kingdom: 12%
- Germany: 6%
- Australia: 4%
Based on my reader survey, I gathered the following statistics about my readers:
- 75% female.
- 59% are more than 35 years old.
- 70% are very or extremely likely to visit Europe in the next 12 months.
- 55% have been inspired to travel somewhere after reading about the destination on Rear View Mirror.
- A single blog post published in 2012 generated over 300,000 page views, 60,000 click throughs to the destination’s website and more than €20,000 in direct hotel bookings and tours to the destination. The post ranks well in Google and continues to get traffic on a daily basis.
- My blog post on Tallinn, Estonia was shared by the President of Estonia, resulting in more than 10,000 page views for the hotel who provided me with accommodation.
- One blog post on Romania has received more than 24,000 social shares, almost 100,000 page views and was mentioned in the mainstream media in Romania.
- My most popular Instagram photo (of Albania) has received 446 likes and 34 comments.
Andrea, you are such an inspiration with your drive and positive focus. You have made places that I dream about come alive in your blog. – FF, Australia
As I saw your picture I told my husband “There we go! That’s where I want to be in September. He said “Ok”. We had been looking for inspiration for days! – Marzia, Italy
Hi Andrea, for a long time I have been wanting to go to Lille …now I must go , just to see this and other places you have posted about 🙂 – Anne, United Kingdom
… your photos have inspired me to include it on my travel bucket list.
Wow. Spectacular. It’s been on my list, but just moved way up. Thanks for the inspiration. – Jeff, United States
Great post Andrea, you’ve brought some beautiful places to my attention that I’d never heard of before! – Charley, United Kingdom
Advertising & Collaboration Opportunities
To promote your destination or brand we can work together in a number of ways:
- Press trips focusing on European destinations, culture and food. I am available for group and private press trips.
- Business listings. My travel guides and listings are used by readers planning and booking their holidays. Standard business listings start at €200 per year and are marked as premium or paid to provide full transparency to readers.
- Social media takeovers. Taking over one of your social media accounts to provide live coverage of your destination can increase engagement and attract a new audience. A social media takeover would usually involve me taking over your Instagram account and promoting to both my followers and yours.
- Giveaways. A giveaway which fits with my brand and audience is a great way to engage with my readership. A giveaway would be promoted on my blog, social media channels and emailed to my subscribers. A typical giveaway would be promoted over 10 working days.
- Reviews of hotels, restaurants, products, tours, cooking classes and other activities. If your product or service would be of interest to my readers I would love to hear from you. Invite me to experience what you have to offer and I will share my experience with my readers. I don’t charge for reviews but please note all my travel expenses should be covered.
- Newsletter advertising. Contact me to discuss advertising rates.
Exposure during and after press trips may include real time exposure on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram followed by detailed blog posts and short travel photo posts. I have previously worked with major tourism boards and brands in the following destinations:
- Innsbruck, Austria – August 2011
- Lille, France – December 2011
- Nuremberg, Germany – December 2011
- Munich, Germany – December 2011
- Dresden, Germany – December 2011
- Catalonia, Spain (CharmingVillas.net) – February 2012
- The Netherlands – April 2012
- Rome, Italy (HouseTrip.com) – April 2012
- Umbria, Italy – April 2012
- Trier, Germany – June 2012
- Heidelberg, Germany – June 2012
- Leipzig, Germany – July 2012
- Lisbon, Portugal (HouseTrip.com) – September 2012
- Northern Portugal – September 2012
- Costa Brava, Spain – September 2012
- Hamburg, Germany – March 2013
- Muenster, Osnabrueck and Rostock, Germany (HistoricGermany.com) – March 2013
- Kosice, Slovakia – June 2013
- Stockholm, Sweden – June 2014
- Tallinn, Estonia – July 2014
If you would like to work together, please contact me and I will get back to you to discuss your requirements.